If I was to give one major piece of advice when it comes to building your personal brand is:
Build your email list from day 1
Nowadays, it’s a lot easier to build a list of email subscribers. There’s little investment needed from your part other than your time in setting up the list and the email template (message).
My favorite tool is Mailchimp.com
- Free for lists under 2000 subscribers
- Easy to use and setup
- Mobile app is amazing
- You can create automated messages
- It connects to many other software tools out there
For each website, I have setup 3 main lists:
- A list for people who want to subscribe to my newsletter so they can get updates (general leads)
- A list for people who downloaded an eGuide (pdf) (good prospects)
- A list of customers & current students (clients)
I’ve setup some automation as well when people download my guides. It’s a great way of keeping the conversation going without having to email them one by one. I get to learn more about my subscribers such as who they are, where they’re from and what are their current struggles.
Try out Mailchimp.com and see how it can help you grow your email marketing campaigns.